New ! USB connection directly on the Sharp PC-1600
This is what it looks like, the new USB module by Thomas Stahl.
• Modular design with exchangeable frontend. UART Rx/Tx communication between frontend and backend.
◦ ATmega328P microcontroller with I/O-port communication (INP/OUT) to the PC-1600: Preloaded application code: USB keyboard driver for the PC-1600.
◦ 28C256 EEPROM with socket.
Preloaded PC-1600 ROM extension: BASIC token table and command for keymap change, interrupt handler and keycode injection routine for the PC-1600 OS key ringbuffer.
◦ 22V10C PLD with socket.
Preloaded addressing: extension ROM at #7,&4000, microcontroller port: &90
◦ Onboard SPI socket for programming of the microcontroller
◦ Compatible 60pin bus connector.
◦ Hobbytronics USB-Host Controller with preloaded application
• Keyboard compatibility: Tested with Logitech standard keyboard layouts (US,
German, French). Also tested with Microsoft wireless keyboard with USB-dongle.
• Compatibility: Only SHARP PC-1600.
PC-1500/A not supported – do not connect the module to a PC-1500/A !
Here is a demonstration video about connecting and using a Hama wireless keyboard: